The Writing Process, 2 Days After the First One

I continue to struggle with writing. I've started three blogs today and got stuck at about the 100th word. It's the same struggle, life getting in the way and fear of letting my thought process be known out there. It takes courage that I'm not sure I have. I'm just going to say what I think is safe enough. Hopefully, some of you can relate.

My daughter started a journal. It was cute (painfully). She said she started it in the last 30 days. She didn't mean for me to read it because I was left out of her entries and everything was flavored by the fact that she has been living full-time with her dad right now since February 22. This is not what is best for her and it happened because of the good-old-boy system of the South. I've wondered how I could ask God and my friends for help in getting the outcome that is best for her but my shyness gets in the way. Putting it out there is hard for me. I've been able to tell a couple of close, supportive friends but living with this has been so difficult. It's really kept me in touch with my growing edge. Even the thought of asking for help is freaking the hell out of me. But writing this through my tears is helping me muster that courage.

If you are reading this, please let me know by commenting. Thanks.

Comments

  1. There are no comments, but my blogger analytics says "50 views." Hmm...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Becoming a Successful Writer is Easy No, seriously. It is.

Getting Motivated to Write

John Yeoman's Writer's Village